Lily 'Riffmaster' Lee is a professional session guitarist known for her fast and intricate riffs. She's played for various punk and metal bands and has a passion for heavy music. Lily enjoys writing about guitar gear and effects pedals, and loves to share her tips for creating unique sounds.
Hey there, fellow guitar enthusiast! If you're an advanced player looking to challenge yourself and take your skills to the next level, you've come to the right place. As a seasoned guitarist myself, I've got some killer recommendations for you when it comes to advanced guitar songs.
1. "Eruption" by Van Halen: This iconic instrumental showcases Eddie Van Halen's virtuosic guitar skills. It's a high-energy, fast-paced track that will push your speed, accuracy, and tapping technique to the limit.
2. "Cliffs of Dover" by Eric Johnson: Known for its intricate fingerpicking patterns and beautiful melodies, this instrumental masterpiece is a must-learn for any advanced guitarist. It will improve your finger dexterity and precision while teaching you how to create lush, layered sounds.
3. "Black Star" by Yngwie Malmsteen: Yngwie is a true guitar virtuoso, and "Black Star" is a prime example of his shredding prowess. This song will challenge your alternate picking, sweep picking, and overall technical ability. Get ready to unleash your inner shred god!
4. "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix: While not as technically demanding as some other songs on this list, "Little Wing" is a masterclass in phrasing, dynamics, and soulful playing. It will help you develop your bending, vibrato, and expressive playing style.
5. "Technical Difficulties" by Racer X: If you're into heavy metal and want to test your speed and accuracy, this song is for you. Paul Gilbert's lightning-fast riffs and mind-bending solos will challenge even the most skilled guitarists out there.
6. "Ocean" by John Butler: This acoustic instrumental is a true masterpiece that combines percussive techniques, intricate fingerpicking, and beautiful melodies. It's a great song to improve your fingerstyle playing and explore different tunings.
7. "Sultans of Swing" by Dire Straits: Mark Knopfler's iconic guitar work in this song is a masterclass in fingerstyle playing and improvisation. It will teach you how to create melodic solos and incorporate hybrid picking into your playing.
Remember, these songs are not for the faint of heart. They require dedication, practice, and a willingness to push your boundaries. Take your time, break them down into smaller sections, and gradually build up your speed and accuracy.
Don't forget to have fun along the way! Experiment with your own interpretations, add your personal flair, and make these songs your own. The journey to becoming an advanced guitarist is all about expressing yourself and constantly pushing your limits.
So grab your guitar, crank up the volume, and dive into these advanced guitar songs. You've got this! Keep rocking and never stop challenging yourself.